An old fart on a cooking journey

Monday 25 May 2015

Magic Tart - so simple even a chimpanzee could make it


 This is the easiest tart/dessert you'll ever make. No kidding, no exaggeration, no bullsh*t! I guess that's the reason its is simply titled: "Magic Recipe".
 I kid you not, any oke, even a chimpanzee, could make it - and get it right first time. Which is probably why it'll become my go-to tart/dessert recipe. It tastes like a coconut milk tart - if there is such a thing.
 I got this recipe from my mother-in-law but am not sure of its origins. It is apparently is a hit in the rural church circles she is involved with and I can see why.

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1/4 cup of margarine
1 cup of white flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2 cups of milk
1 cup of coconut
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.

Method:

Whack all the stuff in a blender and blend until thoroughly mixed.


Pour the resulting gunge into a buttered 10 inch (25cm) pie dish.


Shove it into an oven preheated to 350F (180C) for an hour.



Remove, cut and serve. It is delicious hot or cold.

There was some mixture left over which I cooked for two minutes in the microwave in a mug. It tasted just fine but the texture wasn't quite right. Nontheless, the microwave version would work well for those "I'm still hungry, isn't there anything sweet?" after dinner requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment